Saturday 21 January 2017

All Thing's Books

Hiii lovelys, how are you all? Hope you're all well.

This is a different post but i've been OBSESSED with reading books lately. So i'm just going to talk about books i've been reading lately, I have more at home but I couldn't fit them in my bag to bring back to my uni house (literally the worst). If you have any book recommendations please do tell, as i'm going to be buying more books!!!

I actually have a kindle as well which I used to use all the time but lately i've preferred to read physical copy of books rather than off a screen.. anyone else? Idk it just feels cosier and different, i'm sure i'll probably go back of getting into a routine of reading the kindle but for now i'm loving 'actual books'.

SO my first book i'm going to mention is: The Christmasaurus by Tom Fletcher
Whenever I mention this to friends they're always like "isn't that a child's book?" But yeno what I LOVE IT (!!!!) I actually think it suits all ages and it fully gets you into the Christmas spirit.. I read this before Christmas but just finished it this week as I left it back at uni. I don't wanna do a pure review of these books, but it was just super sweet and think everyone should read it. 


The next book is: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them by JK Rowling
Most people have probably heard of this, at first I'm not gonna lie it was kinda slow so I was a bit disappointed but when you get through the first few 'Scenes' I couldn't put it down. I love how it's kinda linked to Harry Potter too where they mention Hogwarts, Dumbledore and Muggles it made me SO happy. I also saw the film and it was exactly like the book described, which I knew it would be because of her Harry Potter series and it's one I can see going back to for a long time. 


The next is: The Girl On The Train by Paula Hawkins
My mum and friends have been trying to get me to read this for ages and I don't really know why i'm only just reading it now?? It's so different to what I thought it was going to be like though but again I was obsessed and I got through it in about 2 days! The ending was so unexpected and I was actually getting so scared reading it.. not the best story to read at 2am lol. When I finished it I just wanted to watch the film as i've heard mixed reviews on that too and would be disappointed if it was massively different. It kinda was different like the location and mixed up what was said where, but suppose that was to make the whole movie shorter I don't think it'll be one I'll watch again tbh. The book was deffo better but just my opinion.


The last book i'm going to mention then is: Girl Online, Going Solo by Zoe Sugg (Zoella)
I've loved the whole of her series, and they just get better each time if this is the last one i'll be so disappointed but it would be an amazing ending as well. How good would it be if there was a movie as well?! GOALS. At some points in the book however, I felt like it was so unrealistic I did so many eye rolls but just gotta get past that. Since Zoe suffers with anxiety as well i've always found it so inspiring that she wrote about a character with it as well, raising awareness to it and since the main character is a photographer and blogger I could properly relate to her.. besides her famous boyfriend. After reading this though it gave me SO much motivation to get back out there and producing photographs for my own uni work, so if you want some motivation go ahead and read this! 

So, that's all the ones i've read recently if you have any favourite books please do leave them in comments below i'd love to read them, or if you've read any that I have leave your own opinions. 


No comments:

Post a Comment